Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day #1

Longest Flight Ever! Great bonding time, food every 2 hours, caught up on my movies, slept, and had a great time laughing with some great people. Going through customs was fine.

It was late when we got to Riverview Lodge, but I still took in everything I could! Our lodge, is kind of like camp, bunk beds and all. I slept well after taking a long needed shower. The water was scalding hot then briskly chilly in a matter of milliseconds. Slept till 8:30 and got up for breakfast. First impression of Capetown: Beautiful with Diversity, People, and Life.

We are all jet lagged and by the end of our morning tour, we were all quiet and beginning to feel a nap coming on. channeling my inner mother napping skills. The tour was interesting also because the cars are all on the other side of the road! The driver's seat is on the other side of the car! What is up with this.... It will take a while to get used to this. OH and Table Mountain is gorgeous when it is cloudy, I can't yet imagine what it will be when it is sunny out.


This afternoon we are in our 18 passenger van taking a tour, and Alan Jansen says "we are going to stop and I am buying you Samwursa, a South African meat pie." They were kind of epic! Yummy! Then Alan bought us South African doughnuts called cook-sisters, with cinnamon and coconut sprinkled on top. Those were also amazing. My culinary side is having wonderful time.
Dinner tonight smells amazing. The food has been delicious and I am anticipating more wonderful delights. We have a busy week ahead of us, but it will be amazing!!!!! I am excited to be here and can't wait to experience more and more! I am so thankful and grateful to be here, so many emotions are running through my mind.

I am still debating on shark diving, but I think since I am in SOUTH AFRICA, I might as well go see live sharks up close and personal if I can.

More later =)

No comments:

Post a Comment